When you are adding annotations to your model, you may want to add some symbols like, diameter Ø, degrees ° or meters squared m². There is a quick an easy way of creating these symbols but it resides outside of Revit. These symbols can be created by the Character Map tool in Windows.
- Go to you Windows ‘Start’ Button.
- It is located in All Programs ►Accessories ►System Tools ►Character Map
- You can also type ‘Character Map’ in the Search programs and files tool at the bottom of the start menu.
This will activate the Character Map tool.
- Just select the Font
- Pick the symbol
- Hit the select button
- Highlight it in the ‘Characters to Copy’ box
- Copy and paste it into your model annotation.